We at Grace Bible Church in Grants Pass are reading Our Daily Bread and the Bible together this year using one of the following Daily reading plans. Please pick a reading plan and join us.
Our Daily Bread. If you are prone to putting booklets down and “forgetting” where they are, here is an idea. Go to http://ourdailybread.org click the subscribe button, and then click to have the daily devotional sent to your email or smart phone. Now you can’t forget. There it is, in your in-box. For me, this has added a blessing to “checking the mail.”
We are reading the Bible together using one of four daily reading plans.
The New Testament reading plan will take you through the New Testament in a year, with weekends off to reflect on what you have read, or catch up if need be.
The Read the Bible plan is just that - Genisus through Revelation.
The Chronilogical reading plan will take you through the bible as it was written.
New and Old Testament Bible Reading for the Year will take you through the Bible in a year reading some of each every day.
These reading plans are available in the vestieule. Please pick one up and join us. They also make great bookmarks, so you won't loose your place in your Bible.
The link to the Bible Gateway is provided as an easy way to look up your choice reading with plenty of research available .
Sermon Notes -September 19, 2021
Chapter 3 ~585BC
(around 17 years after Chapter 2)
Nebuchadnezzar is trying to stop the prophecy that God has commanded
3 things that we need to realize
1. Only the real King knows & controls the future
2. Everyone wants to be a king over a kingdom that they control
3. People who don’t know God end up worshipping other people
They have counterfeit worship
What is the difference between Christianity & other religions
1. Christianity is about proposition
2. Other religions are about imposition
The Bible just doesn’t tell us what happens, It tells us what ALWAYS happens
The test of good leadership is what do the followers do when the leader is gone
Culture is 1 of 2 things
1. It is what you teach
2. It is what you tolerate
2 things to remember
1. Sometimes to be Godly is to be lonely
2. When you respond to the spirit of Babylon, you need to respond with the Spirit of God
Matthew 10:28; Isaiah 43:2-3
The main points to take home:
1. God is saying that we have genuine faith but it has some impurities in it
2. That whatever fiery furnace you are going through, Jesus is going to come & stand with you in it & to purify your faith which is more precious that gold